Obstacles on the Path to Success
Women face different financial challenges than men:
- Women earn 77 cents for every dollar a man makes1
- Women live an average of five years longer than men2
- As of 2010, almost two-thirds of all people over 65 years old that live below the poverty line are women.3
- The average age of a woman when she becomes a widow is 594
Even though the path to success isn't an easy one, it is possible for women to achieve financial freedom.
Here are a few resources you might want to explore as you begin your pursuit of financial freedom:
- Find out how much can you save over a specific period of time?
- Before your next annual review at work, research job salaries to see where you rank in relation to your peers at salary.com.
- Get tips/suggestions for smart investing.
However you define success, wherever your life's journey takes you – Woodmen of the World can help you get there.
1. U.S. Census Bureau. "Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the U.S.: 2010"
2. U.S. Census Bureau. "Expectation of Life at Birth, 1970 to 2008, and Projections, 2010 to 2020"
3. National Women's Law Center. "Poverty Among Women and Families."
4. U.S. Census Bureau. "Number, Timing and Duration of Marriages and Divorces: 2009."
Find a Local Representative
Search for a representative in your area, visit their website and find contact information.