Natural Disaster Benefit
Since a hurricane hit Galveston, TX, in 1900, we’ve been helping communities recover from natural disasters.
When our members are the ones hurt by natural disasters, WoodmenLife offers a Natural Disaster Benefit to help them rebuild.
Disaster Relief Assistance
WoodmenLife members, through their local chapters, offer disaster assistance and become part of WoodmenLife's nationwide network of volunteers. The worst in nature brings out the best in human nature, and our members lead the way by making monetary donations, serving food and water, helping clean up and make repairs, and offering shelter.
WoodmenLife chapters make trailers, generators, emergency supplies and facilities available to their local Red Cross chapters for use during disasters.
WoodmenLife Natural Disaster Benefit
WoodmenLife cares for our members in times of need, which is why we're proud to offer our members a natural disaster benefit. Members affected by natural disasters may be eligible to receive this fraternal benefit.
Natural disasters include, but are not limited to:
- Forest fires
The following qualifications apply:
- A member may receive only one benefit per primary residence per year, regardless of the number of good-standing members living at the residence.
- Damage to the member's primary residence (or contents if member is renting) must be at least $10,000, with the benefit being one percent of said damage.
- Minimum benefit is $100 and maximum is $500.
- Member must submit application within one year from date of loss.
- Member (also the homeowner or renter) must be in good standing.
- WoodmenLife will have sole discretion in determining the payee of the fraternal benefit.
How to Apply:
To apply for this special Disaster Relief Fraternal Benefit, simply:
- Complete a Disaster Relief Fraternal Benefit Application (58k PDF)
- Mail the completed application along with documentation of your loss to:
Fraternal Outreach Division
1700 Farnam Street
Omaha, NE 68102
Need More Information?
If you have questions or need more information about this benefit, please call:
WoodmenLife Customer Service Center
Call Toll-free at 1-800-225-3108
Monday – Friday
7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Central Time