Benefits1 for Customers
When you buy a WoodmenLife product, you become more than just a "policy holder" or a "customer." You become a member2 of something bigger than yourself, and more caring than a typical life insurance company.
As a member customer of WoodmenLife, we care for you like family. Besides many intangible perks of membership, like making lifelong friends or meeting a network of people you can count on, WoodmenLife members enjoy many exclusive benefits and discounts that make belonging that much more valuable.
Below are just some of the non-contractual benefits available to eligible WoodmenLife member customers:
- Catastrophic Illness Benefit
After one year of good-standing membership, WoodmenLife offers a $1,000 benefit should you be diagnosed as having one of the following diseases: Lung Cancer, Leukemia, Brain Tumor, Tuberculosis, Malignant Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma, or Hodgkin's Disease.
- Orphan's Care Benefit
Orphaned children of qualified members can receive monthly benefit payments. Plus, additional funds are available to orphans attending college or vocational training.
- Newborn Benefit
Qualified 100 percent WoodmenLife families can receive a $10,000 fraternal benefit if their newborn infant dies between the ages of 48 hours and six months. During that same period, a $10,000 guaranteed-issue life insurance certificate can be purchased at standard rates, regardless of the baby's health.
- Natural Disaster Benefit
Qualified members whose homes are damaged or destroyed by natural disasters, such as hurricanes, tornadoes, wild/forest fires, or earthquakes, may be eligible for up to $500 to help with home repair costs.
- Prescription Drug Savings Card3
The no-cost prescription drug savings card offers members the lowest price available on drugs purchased through the ScriptSave® network of pharmacies.
- Youth Program, including Summer Camp4
For more than a century, WoodmenLife has offered educational and social activities to members ages 8-15. And since 1947, youth members have enjoyed our annual summer camp experience. Family chapters also have special activities for youth members, helping mold them into future leaders.
- Senior Activities4
Offered in most areas, senior camp and special appreciation activities for senior members offer opportunities for fellowship, fun and relaxation.
- Customer Discount Program5
Members receive discounts and special rates from a variety of prominent and reputable partners, including various travel, entertainment, technology, and auto and home insurance companies.
- First Responders Benefit
WoodmenLife will pay a $10,000 fraternal death benefit if a qualified member is killed while performing his or her duties as a non-military first responder. To be eligible for this benefit, an individual must be a good standing benefit member. First Responders include firefighters, EMT/paramedics, police or a person performing a supporting role to such individuals.
1. Fraternal benefits are not contractual, are subject to change and have specific eligibility requirements.
2. An individual becomes a member by joining our shared commitment to family, community and country, and by purchasing a WoodmenLife product.
3. The Prescription Drug Savings Card is not an insurance policy and does not provide insurance coverage. In addition, the card cannot be used in combination with a prescription card issued by a health insurance provider. WoodmenLife and ScriptSaveÂ® reserve the right to discontinue this program at any time and are not responsible for the actions of any participating pharmacy. Discounts are only offered through participating pharmacies.
4. Youth programs, summer camp and senior camps are not available in all areas. Camps are independently owned and operated by a third party.
5. WoodmenLife has entered into sponsored marketing relationships with companies that agree to offer discounts to WoodmenLife members. WoodmenLife is not affiliated with these companies and does not administer these discounts for products or services.