Local Woodmen of the World Lodges to Host Annual Awards Banquet Honoring Community Leaders
August 10, 2011
Omaha, Neb.– Woodmen of the World Alpha Lodge, Lodge 16 and Lodge 6124 will host their Annual Awards Banquet on Thursday, August 11 at the DC Centre in Omaha.
Each lodge has selected a local winner in the following categories: Community Leadership, Caring For Others, Contribution to Youth Award, Environmental Award, Community Partner Award, and the Lifesaver Award.
Lodge Award Recipients:
- Paul & Lori Hogan, founders of Home Instead, Community Leader Award
- Nimansha Jain & Akansha Jain, volunteers, Caring for Others Award
- Becca Gilbert, Offutt Collision Center, Environmental Award
- Heartland Family Service - Solomon Girls, Community Partner Award
- Ryan Sullivan, Lifesaver Award
- George Sturm, Board Chair of the Spina Bifida Association of America, Community Leader Award
- Janet Goodman, Nebraska AIDS Project, Caring for Others Award
- Charlie Richardson, volunteer, Contribution to Youth Award
- Bob & Judy McAlaster, founders "Keep Zorinsky Beautiful," Environmental Award
- Together Inc., Community Partner Award
- Mike Seeba, Lifesaver Award
- Willie Barney, North Omaha community leader, Community Leader Award
- George Anderson, track coach, Caring for Others Award
- Herbert King, North Omaha community gardens, Environmental Award
- GBT Academy of the Arts, Community Partner Award
- Kathy Griess, Lifesaver Award
Please see attached document for information on each award recipient. The DC Centre is located at 11830 Stonegate Drive. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.Ceremony begins at 6:30 p.m.
Woodmen of the World was founded in 1890 as a fraternal benefit organization. Today, Woodmen of the World offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds*, and 529 College Savings Plans*. Nearly 725,000 Woodmen of the World members across the country share a commitment to family, community and country. To learn more about Woodmen of the World, visit woodmen.org.