Woodmen of the World Celebrates the Holiday Season by Giving
December 12, 2012
Omaha, Neb. - In the spirit of giving this holiday season, Woodmen of the World donated $40,000 to 10 Omaha metro area non profit organizations.
- Salvation Army Tree of Lights - Omaha ($5,000)
- Salvation Army Tree of Lights - Council Bluffs ($2,500)
- Goodfellows - Omaha World Herald ($5,000)
- Goodfellows - Nonpariel ($2,500)
- Foodbank for the Heartland ($5,000)
- Micah House ($5,000)
- Mohm's Place ($5,000)
- Open Door Mission ($5,000)
- Siena/Francis House ($5,000)
- Brown Baggers ($500.00)
In addition to its corporate social responsibility Contributions, Woodmen of the World associates and member-customers are giving back to the community individually, in various ways. More than 100 students from Wakonda Elementary are getting a brighter holiday through Woodmen of the World's annual Wakonda Giving Tree. Associates have selected student names from the Giving Tree and are personally purchasing toys, hats and gloves for the children. Other holiday activities include:
- Woodmen of the World participated in Wakonda Elementary's Thanksgiving Food Drive and provided 75 families with food for the holiday weekend.
- For Thanksgiving, Woodmen of the World Lodge 16 contributed a total of $5,635 to the Open Door Mission to help the mission reach its goal of providing 5,000 Turkey 'N Fixin's Boxes for the hungry in our community.
- Woodmen of the World Lodge 16 held a Turkey Draw event and donated 112 pounds of food to the Food Bank
- Woodmen of the World's Fraternal Department is collecting holiday cards for the American Red Cross for its "Holiday Mail for Heroes" program.
- Woodmen of the World Lodge 6011 is collecting gifts and making a monetary donation to Mohm's Place for the needy at Christmas
- Woodmen Financial Services is participating in the Salvation Army's Adopt-A-Family program.
Woodmen of the World was founded in 1890 as a not-for-profit. We give back to our member-customers and the communities we live in. Today, Woodmen of the World offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds,* and 529 College Savings Plans.* More than 700,000 Woodmen of the World member-customers across the country share a commitment to family, community and country. To learn more about Woodmen of the World, visit woodmen.org.